[openssl-users] 1.0.2g build fails on Windows

Norm Green norm.green at gemtalksystems.com
Wed Mar 2 15:49:46 UTC 2016

Building with MS Studio 2012 on Windows 7 fails with 1.0.2g during a
link step.  Note that 1.0.2f builds fine.  Looks like we crossed some
sort of command line length threshold with 1.0.2g.

Error:

NMAKE : fatal error U1095: expanded command line

Excerpt:
     link /nologo /subsystem:console /opt:ref /debug /dll
/out:out32dll.dbg\gost.dll  @C:\cygwin64\tmp\nmFE55.tmp
    Creating library out32dll.dbg\gost.lib and object out32dll.dbg\gost.exp
     IF EXIST out32dll.dbg\gost.dll.manifest mt -nologo -manifest
out32dll.dbg\gost.dll.manifest -outputresource:out32dll.dbg\gost.dll;2

I am going to try modifying the make file to use shorter directory names
to try to get the link line back under the max length threshold.

Any other suggestions?

Norm Green