[openssl-users] openssl 1.0.2g build fails with 'no-comp' or 'no-comp no-bio' configure options?

Jeremy Farrell jeremy.farrell at oracle.com
Thu Mar 10 17:33:51 UTC 2016

On 10/03/2016 17:04, PGNet Dev wrote:
> I'm building openssl 1.0.2g on linux64
>
> With my usual
>
>     ./config ...
>
> I end up with a successful build/install
> If I add
>
>     ./config no-comp ...
>
> subsequent 'make' fails
>
>     make
>         enc.c:(.text+0x1253): undefined reference to `BIO_f_zlib'

Adding one or both of no-zlib no-zlib-dynamic should handle that.

> Adding further
>
>     ./config no-comp no-bio ...
>
> 'make' fails again, differently
> Are additional/different config options required to enable/support the
> 'no-comp' & 'no-bio' options?

I've not built with no-bio, suspect it is much more intimately entangled
and may not be practical in 1.0.2g; there's been a lot of work done in
master to clean up various optional exclusions, I think no-bio is
expected to be working there.

--
J. J. Farrell
Not speaking for Oracle.