[openssl-users] openssl 1.0.2g build fails with 'no-comp' or 'no-comp no-bio' configure options?

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 18:44:23 UTC 2016

On 03/10/2016 10:19 AM, PGNetwork Dev wrote:
>>         ./config no-comp ...
>>
>>     subsequent 'make' fails
>>
>>         make
>>             enc.c:(.text+0x1253): undefined reference to `BIO_f_zlib'
>
>     Adding one or both of no-zlib no-zlib-dynamic should handle that.

My read of

	"no-comp 	Disables compression independent of zlib. OPENSSL_NO_COMP
will be defined in the OpenSSL headers."

is that this disables compression methods OTHER than zlib.

Is the intent, instead, that it disables ALL compression, REGARDLESS of
the presence/setting of zlib?

>     I've not built with no-bio, suspect it is much more intimately
>     entangled and may not be practical in 1.0.2g; there's been a lot of
>     work done in master to clean up various optional exclusions, I think
>     no-bio is expected to be working there.

Ah, I see the diffs in the 1.0.2 -> 1.1.0 changelog at

   https://www.openssl.org/news/changelog.html