[openssl-users] [Question] What are the current secure Configure Parameter?

Richard Moore richmoore44 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 22:16:43 UTC 2016

On 14 March 2016 at 21:19, Oliver Niebuhr <googleersatz at oliverniebuhr.de>
wrote:

> Am 14.03.2016 um 21:43 schrieb Richard Moore:
> > On 10 March 2016 at 04:42, Oliver Niebuhr <googleersatz at oliverniebuhr.de
> > <mailto:googleersatz at oliverniebuhr.de>> wrote:
> ​​
> >     I am using OpenSSL from within the Qt Project / QtWebEngine.
> >
> >     The Qt Wiki says, the following Parameters are minimum recommended:
> >     no-ssl2 no-ssl3 no-idea no-mdc2 no-rc5
> >

> > ​Please could you provide a link since these options are a bit dubious,
> > and don't match what I'd expect as the qtnetwork maintainer. I've looked
> > on the wiki myself and I don't see them.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Rich.
>
> Evening.
>
> The following Link
> https://wiki.qt.io/Compiling_OpenSSL_with_MinGW
>
> (relatively outdated)
> under Section "How to Build" mentions not the no-ssl$ stuff.

​Yes, the no-ssl2 is fine, but the no-ssl3 seems unlikely to work with many
sites. Also Qt Web Engine uses the chromium network stack so the
requirements are different. I've asked the qtwebengine guys what the score
is.​

> But there was another Link which I can not find anymore - the last time
> I saw it, was around late of Summer 2015. It most likely got deleted
> during one of the "Wiki Cleanup Weeks".
>
> It was definitely not from the Nokia times and it was from a Digia
> Member - sorry my schizophrenic Brain is bad with Names.

​I'm afraid without more info I can't look into it - the wiki records the
history but I have to know what to look for.

Never mind.

Rich.
​