[openssl-users] 'makedepend' in openssl builds: clarify need and correct usage

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 22:06:13 UTC 2016

On 03/16/2016 02:52 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> If I can ask.... as a user, if I say do this _all the time_, then
> would it be easiest on you?
>
>     make depend && make clean && make
>
> Or is there something else you would recommend?

If it were up to _me_, I'd move to a cmake build system, with clear &
completely documented params in config files.

Since that's not likely going to happen any time soon, if at all, to
answer your question ... TBH, I don't really mind one way or the other.

Any working build process is frankly fine with me ... as long as it's
consistently & thoroughly documented, and, if followed, doesn't generate
K's of warnings/errors.

> As far as not configuring because stddef.h, that sounds like a bug.

Which sounds like it will/should go away in 1.1.0, as the use of 'make
depend' is going away?