[openssl-users] good riddance to PayPal

debbie10t debbie10t at gmail.com
Fri May 6 00:28:21 UTC 2016

On 06/05/16 01:08, Steve Marquess wrote:
> On 05/05/2016 07:52 PM, debbie10t wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 05/05/16 21:41, Steve Marquess wrote:
>>> We've had a PayPal account for years, as the most convenient way for
>>> individuals to send small donations. However, as the person who has
>>> managed that account I can attest that PayPal has always been rather
>>> annoying to deal with, and I've finally hit my limit. ...
>> I do hope an excellent solution can be found.
>>
>> Apologies in advance for this probably going off topic.
>>
>> Steve, could you possibly provide any details of how Paypal
>> caused you to "finally hit your limit" ?
>> (your blog would be great)
>>
>> I am sure I am not the only curious person reading this ;)
> Well, I don't want to turn this into a PayPal bashing session ... I do
> recognize that they have a huge number of customers, that fraud is a
> constant problem, and that they need to economize on the human element
> in their customer support operations. But briefly put, the last straw in
> this case was yet another "your account has been limited" drill where
> access to our funds is blocked and we're now required to send in copies
> of my passport and social security card, and battle with their tedious
> voice response system. This time that initial call took only 28 minutes,
> quicker than usual, but I'm tired of never knowing when they will
> arbitrarily slam some sort of arbitrary restriction on the account that
> takes hours of my time to resolve. I'll still need at least one more
> call to close the account ... sigh.
>
> -Steve M.

Steve,
thank you for your clearly honest reply, I too share a hatred of
voice response systems .. i prefer to press a button too ..

   "If i can call the xx digit international number
    i can surely press one or two more .. "

Alternative suggestion to quitting Paypal outright:
   Get somebody you trust to handle Them // "as the most convenient way .. "

* not a paypal stooge .. think a little "out of the box" thinking may
help :)

Highest regards