[openssl-users] good riddance to PayPal

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Mon May 9 08:36:45 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Steve Marquess
<marquess at opensslfoundation.org> wrote:
> We've had a PayPal account for years, as the most convenient way for
> individuals to send small donations. However, as the person who has
> managed that account I can attest that PayPal has always been rather
> annoying to deal with, and I've finally hit my limit.

PayPal is renowned for poor customer service; confer,
http://www.google.com/search?q=paypal+sucks.

Get some bumper stickers and pins made up with the OpenSSL logo. Sell
them on Amazon and eBay for the value of a donation - $10, $25, etc.

Based on some estimates, Amazon and eBay will provide the Foundation's
presence at online retail stores that handle 75% of online spending
(c., http://www.marketwatch.com/story/amazon-will-account-for-more-than-half-of-2015-e-commerce-growth-says-macquarie-2015-12-22).

Jeff