[openssl-users] Most recent OpenSSL version supported by Windows 2003

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Wed Nov 2 17:07:16 UTC 2016

On 02/11/2016 17:55, IT Guru wrote:
> Hi I am building a Windows 2003 system, which is the latest (stable)
> version supported on a 2003 system? Keep in mind Windows 2003 does not
> support TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2.

I recently did a successful compile and test of version 1.0.2j (the
latest version with the classic API) on an XP i386 system.  Since XP
i386 is NT 5.01 and Server 2003 is NT 5.02 I guess the current 1.0.2j
release should work (including TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 code, since OpenSSL
doesn't need Windows own crypto except as a way to initialize the
random number generator).

Enjoy

Jakob