[openssl-users] C++ : Extracting CRL from a PKCS12

Richard Stanek richard.stanek at rockwellcollins.com
Wed Nov 2 22:23:34 UTC 2016

My original requirements were to extract the user certificate, the
private key, and the CAs.  For that I was using the call to
PKCS12_parse(...).  This satisfied the original requirements.  Very
easy to find, understand, and use.

The new requirements that I have are that I also need to extract a CRL
from that PKCS12.  I see that there is a CRLBag defined in the IETF
RFC 7292 PKCS12 Standard (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7292), so I
know a CRL could exist inside a PKCS12.  I can't seem to find any API
or C++ examples that extract a CRL from a PKSC12.

Is there an API, example code, or advice on how to extract a CRL from a PKCS12?

Thank you for your time,
Rick