[openssl-users] [openssl-dev] After building 1.0.2h , ldd output shows current version as 1.0.0. How to CHange this , Why is this so ?

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Thu Nov 3 12:53:56 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm curious.  Why exactly do you want to change the shared library
version?

That being said, this is not a good idea.  I hope I explained why well
enough in the thread with the subject "OpenSSL 1.0.2h generates
libss.so.1.0.0 instead of libssl.so.1.0.2" started by you on
openssl-dev.  For reference, you can find my answer here:
https://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/openssl-dev/2016-November/008665.html

Cheers,
Richard