[openssl-users] Problem in compiling OpenSSL on Windows-7-32-bit

Kim Gräsman kim.grasman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 06:28:43 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 6:26 AM, Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is compiling on windows always such a pain? :(
> On Linux, it compiled perfectly the first time itself.

It's worked well for me in a similar environment. I use DLL builds,
though, so `ntdll.mak` instead of `nt.mak`.

One thing that looks suspicious is this:

> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\
> N\nasm.EXE"' : return code '0x1'

Have you put nasm.exe inside the Visual Studio install dir? That seems
like an odd choice, not sure if the spaces in the path maybe confuses
something?

You also don't mention which directory you're in when running these
commands. I've run everything inside the openssl-1.0.2h (using a
different version) source directory.

- Kim