[openssl-users] Problem in compiling OpenSSL on Windows-7-32-bit

Ajay Garg ajaygargnsit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 08:48:30 UTC 2016

Hi Kim.

Thanks for the reply.

On 8 Nov 2016 11:59 a.m., "Kim Gräsman" <kim.grasman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 6:26 AM, Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is compiling on windows always such a pain? :(
> > On Linux, it compiled perfectly the first time itself.
>
> It's worked well for me in a similar environment. I use DLL builds,
> though, so `ntdll.mak` instead of `nt.mak`.

Unfortunately, I need to link openssl statically to our framework. So DLL
would not help, require .libs

> One thing that looks suspicious is this:
>
> > NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
14.0\VC\
> > N\nasm.EXE"' : return code '0x1'
>
> Have you put nasm.exe inside the Visual Studio install dir? That seems
> like an odd choice, not sure if the spaces in the path maybe confuses
> something?

I doubt, cl.exe is also inside this.

> You also don't mention which directory you're in when running these
> commands. I've run everything inside the openssl-1.0.2h (using a
> different version) source directory.

I am running everything from the openssl source directory itself.

Any chance I can get pre-compiled libraries for 1.0.2d, after which I can
link them statically to our framework?

Thanks in advance 😊