[openssl-users] What happened during compiling openssl?

Gyumin hkm73560 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 02:12:23 UTC 2016

Dear openssl developers,

I modified openssl library to use my own static library which has global
variables.
When I run make then I can see some errors like|./libcrypto.so:
undefined reference to my_own_function|and making static libraries is
failed, but the shared libraries are compiled successfully.
Finally, there is no issue to use the compiled shared library in my
another application.
The problem occurs when I link my static library to resolve the
undefined error. The shared libraries and static libraries are compiled
successfully, but when I use the shared libraries in my application,
addresses of the global variables are different.
For example, if the address of global variable 'A' in my application is
0x1234 then the address of the 'A' in the shared library is 0xABCD.
Why does this situation happen? Thanks for your helps in advance.