[openssl-users] Disabling Client-Initiated TLS renegotiation

Wall, Stephen swall at redcom.com
Tue Nov 29 13:35:45 UTC 2016

I suppose one could abuse SSL_set_msg_callback() to create a filter that rewrites the initial re-handshake message into something innocuous.  Though I doubt that would work, once the client starts a handshake, it expects a response from the server, and may well time out and close if it does not get one.  The way TLS works, it is always the client starting a renegotiation.  The server can send a message asking the client to renegotiate, but the client can ignore that. I don't believe the opposite is true.