[openssl-users] SSL_write:: shutdown while in init

Anton Koldaev koldaevav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 17:57:45 UTC 2016

We're using aws-ruby-sdk <https://github.com/aws/aws-sdk-ruby> (~> 1.8 for
older ruby support) to upload files to AWS S3. It worked fine until we
upgraded from openssl 1.0.1-4ubuntu5.31 to 1.0.2g-1ubuntu4.5.

I know that there was a recent change
<https://github.com/openssl/openssl/commit/64193c8218540499984cd63cda41f3cd491f3f59>
which was supposed only
<https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/710#issuecomment-253897666> to
provide a proper error handling but we didn't actually have failed uploads
at all on older openssl version. And we're using the same aws-sdk as before.

Here's how the exception looks:
https://gist.github.com/iroller/ed362dd8627020e9ad79b6ec15548014

Any suggestions on whether it's something fixed in newer versions of
openssl or should I look into downgrading to an earlier version of openssl?

--
Best regards,
Koldaev Anton