[openssl-users] A self-signed CA certificate in the CA files *sometimes* stops verification working

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Tue Sep 6 20:52:32 UTC 2016

Could this be related to the recent work to treat the list of
certificates as a SET of potentially relevant certificates
rather than as an ordered list of certificates that must form
the trust chain?

Reading through the 1.1.0 changelog makes it unclear how much
of this standards-compliance fix has been implemented so far,
and how much of it is included in 1.0.2h.

On 06/09/2016 20:10, John Unsworth wrote:
> This seems to me to be very easy to validate by just inserting a self-signed certificate at the front of a CAfile that works.

Enjoy

Jakob