[openssl-users] A self-signed CA certificate in the CA files *sometimes* stops verification working

John Unsworth John.Unsworth at synchronoss.com
Tue Sep 6 22:20:15 UTC 2016

Thank you Victor for that valuable analysis. The original self-signed CA file has a NUL at the end which has been propagated when we created the concatenated CA file. We'll have to see how that cert was created and also correct our concatenation routine to cater for trailing NULs.

That will teach me not to make assumptions!

Regards,
John.