[openssl-users] openssl asn1parse using both -genstr and -genconf options

shanthi thomas elizatom at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 10 12:06:32 UTC 2016

Hi,    I'm trying to use openssl asn1parse subprogram to encode an ASN1 structure. Some of the data in the ASN1 structure is static and I was planning to use a CONF file as shown in the examples for this via the -genconf option. However some of the data I need to pass via a command line argument for which I was planning to use the -genstr option. However, I'm not sure how to use both the -genstr and the -genconf in a single command. I could find any examples of this either.  Can someone point me to any good examples on how to use both these options together?
Thanks!Elizabeth