[openssl-users] Failed to install OpenSSL 1.1.0 using 'nmake install'

Andrew Hartley andrew.hartley at taxcomputersystems.com
Wed Sep 21 12:54:58 UTC 2016

Your step (4) to me appears to be wrong.  If you are to install openssl to the following directory:

                C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSSL\

then you need to do:

?  perl Configure VC-WIN32 -prefix=C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSSL

When I build openSSL I use nasm, so after the above I do:

?  ms\do_nasm

?  nmake -a -f ms\nt.mak

?  nmake -f ms\nt.mak test

?  nmake -f ms\nt.mak install