[openssl-users] Building on Windows against run-time library

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Tue Sep 27 13:07:17 UTC 2016

We're still using 1.0.2, so I don't know if the 1.1.0 build system is significantly different; but we use a build script of our own which edits the Perl build scripts (using Cygwin sed) after extracting the tarball and before running the OpenSSL build process. One of the things it does is force the C RTS linker switches we want.

I don't know of a cleaner way to handle this particular aspect of build configuration. It's been some years since I looked into it, though.

It's not an issue for us because our build scripts do a bunch of other things (as part of our integration process) besides extracting the sources and building OpenSSL, so adding this step wasn't burdensome.

Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus