[openssl-users] new FIPS module

Steve Marquess marquess at openssl.com
Tue Sep 27 13:41:30 UTC 2016

As always, if you don't care about FIPS 140 then count yourself lucky
and move on.

Work on the new FIPS module has so far taken a backseat to higher
priority topics like the 1.1 release and security vulnerabilities, but
we should start to make some progress soon. I've put together a rough
wiki page outlining some goals for the new FIPS module:

  https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/FIPS_module_3.0

Within the very tight constraints of schedule, resources, and what is
permitted by FIPS 140, we want this FIPS module to be as widely useful
as possible.

If we've omitted anything of vital importance please speak up.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
OpenSSL Validation Services, Inc.