[openssl-users] certificate chains and verification requirements

Sudarshan Raghavan sudarshan.t.raghavan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 17:24:05 UTC 2017

>> Actually, that's not the reason.  The positional [certificates]
>> arguments to verify(1) are not "chains".  Only the first (leaf)
>> certificate of each of the argument files is processed.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the update. I was trying this experiment
to understand a client authentication failure in a similar scenario. I can
now look at the code to figure out what is going on.

Regards,
Sudarshan

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 9:49 AM, Viktor Dukhovni <openssl-users at dukhovni.org