[openssl-users] VS2017 15.5 hangs indefinitely with Blake2b.c

Oliver Niebuhr googleersatz at oliverniebuhr.de
Thu Dec 7 04:38:05 UTC 2017

Morning.

Yeah my fault. I mixed up CL and Link Version Numbers:
Link Version is 14.12.25830.2 and
CL Version 19.12.25830.2 but
Compiler Tool Set Version is 14.12

You have to love their Versioning Scheme ;)

BTW: It turned out that the VS SSA-Optimizer is at fault here! After
disabling it with '/d2SSAOptimizer-' blake2b.c compiles fine.

Seems like a Bug with this Tool Set Version.

I created a BR:
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/4859

Should I create a BR at the VS Forum too?

Have a nice Day everyone
Oliver