[openssl-users] VS2017 15.5 hangs indefinitely with Blake2b.c

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Wed Dec 6 14:07:04 UTC 2017

I don't know where those version numbers come from (Microsoft's dev toolchain versioning remains a mystery to me), but I'm using VS2017, running "cl" with no parameters says 19.11.25547, and I just compiled blake2b.c with no issues.

Now, this is blake2b.c from the Argon2 reference implementation - I don't know if it's been changed at all in the OpenSSL sources. And I'm not building OpenSSL in this case (it's a diffferent project that happens to include Argon2), so it's entirely possible I'm using different compiler options. But there's another data point, anyway.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus