[openssl-users] Lattice Ciphers

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Sun Dec 17 23:58:08 UTC 2017

  *   I find that Firefox refuses to do any ephemeral ciphers whatsoever.  What the heck?  Why am I surprised.  Somebody paid them.

I don’t know what server you are testing against, but FF does ECDHE all the time with no problems.

  *   If you follow Schnieder, elliptic curve is not an option.

That’s interesting, you have a reference for that?

  *   I know you guys are severely underfunded, but is there any chance that lattice encryption will be coming soon?  I've searched until my face turned blue.

We will most likely follow the IETF recommendation and see what the NIST post-quantum work comes up with.  That’s my personal opinion, not necessarily that of the whole time.