[openssl-users] Lattice Ciphers

Kyle Hamilton aerowolf at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 01:24:17 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 3:58 PM, Salz, Rich via openssl-users
<openssl-users at openssl.org> wrote:

>> If you follow Schnieder, elliptic curve is not an option.
>
> That’s interesting, you have a reference for that?

I'm guessing OP's referring to "Applied Cryptography, 2nd Edition".
There was one page on elliptical curve cryptography, and it didn't
give any real information on what it was, what problem it uses (the
discrete logarithm problem), how it's used, or how DH is adapted to
use it.  The book was pretty much entirely against software patents,
and because ECC had been freshly patented it seemed to be much more
scary about the topic than it should have been.

-Kyle H