[openssl-users] Can't build OpenSSL on Windows

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Fri Dec 29 18:34:34 UTC 2017

It's also worth noting that nmake's dependency-graph generation is flaky (possibly due to flaws in Windows file timestamping, though I've never tracked down the exact cause). I have a number of nmake files that regularly rebuild things unnecessarily, and others that sporadically do.

So as Richard said, check the time on the machine and try running nmake again. Sometimes it's worth temporarily throttling the CPU to slow the build down a bit.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus