[openssl-users] ECDSA_SIG_new and ECDSA_SIG_free details

J. J. Farrell jeremy.farrell at oracle.com
Thu Jan 12 16:54:45 UTC 2017

On 12/01/2017 12:19, Salz, Rich wrote:
> It was a mix of what was done, and then a conscious decision to do things that way.
>
> As for the PR, well, maybe...  We'd need to know details of which machine "test/sanitytest.c" fails on, and how popular it is to see if it's worthwhile.

That would be inefficient churning given the number of changes to
replace conforming null pointer initialization with memset/calloc that
have gone in since this decision was made. The decision sticks in the
throat a bit for us standard nerds and old-timers who remember machines
where the null pointer was not all-bits-zero, but it's decades since I
heard of such a machine at large in the real world.

--
J. J. Farrell
Not speaking for Oracle