[openssl-users] OpenSSL version 1.0.2l published

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Thu Jun 1 14:32:36 UTC 2017

> They are easily obtainable even if you do not have git. The list for
> 1.0.2l is here:
>
> https://github.com/openssl/openssl/commits/OpenSSL_1_0_2l

( point missed )

The issue is that the CHANGES file simply isn't.  The most recent for
1.0.2l being truely spartan. If this were vim or perhaps nano or even
grep then I would go digging. However in these times of ever more
security concerns for our servers I feel[1] that the openssl source
release should at least have a trivial text list with more data than this :

sedna$ git diff --stat --color OpenSSL_1_0_2l..OpenSSL_1_0_2k
  .travis.yml                                        |   1 +
  CHANGES                                            |   6 -
  Configure                                          |  19 +-
  LICENSE                                            |   4 +-
  Makefile.org                                       |   8 -
  NEWS                                               |   4 -
  README                                             |   2 +-
  TABLE                                              |  58 +--
  apps/ca.c                                          |  19 +-
  apps/dhparam.c                                     |  24 +-
  apps/enc.c                                         |  33 +-
  apps/engine.c                                      |   9 +-
  apps/pkeyutl.c                                     |   4 +-
  apps/prime.c                                       |   3 -
  apps/progs.h                                       |   2 +-
  apps/progs.pl                                      |  30 +-
  apps/req.c                                         |   6 +-
  apps/s_client.c                                    |   1 -
  apps/s_server.c                                    |   1 -
  apps/srp.c                                         |   4 +-
  appveyor.yml                                       |   8 +
  config                                             |   9 -
  crypto/aes/Makefile                                |   2 +-
  crypto/aes/asm/aesni-sha1-x86_64.pl                |   1 -
  crypto/aes/asm/aesni-sha256-x86_64.pl              |   1 -
  crypto/aes/asm/bsaes-armv7.pl                      |   2 +-
.
.  etc etc
.
  util/domd                                          |   6 +-
  util/mk1mf.pl                                      |   1 -
sedna$

Dennis

[1] yes I used the word "feel" here and it it a weak argument to be sure