[openssl-users] OpenSSL version 1.0.2l published

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Thu Jun 1 14:40:36 UTC 2017

On 01/06/17 15:32, Dennis Clarke wrote:

>> They are easily obtainable even if you do not have git. The list for
>> 1.0.2l is here:
>>
>> https://github.com/openssl/openssl/commits/OpenSSL_1_0_2l
>
> ( point missed )
>
> The issue is that the CHANGES file simply isn't.  The most recent for
> 1.0.2l being truely spartan. If this were vim or perhaps nano or even
> grep then I would go digging. However in these times of ever more
> security concerns for our servers I feel[1] that the openssl source
> release should at least have a trivial text list with more data than this :

CHANGES is what it is - a list of changes we thought were particularly
worthy of note. If that's not enough information for you then use the
git logs. I see very little value in automatically extracting info out
of the logs and including it in the distribution when the logs are so
easily accessible elsewhere.