[openssl-users] OpenSSL version 1.0.2l published

Wouter Verhelst wouter.verhelst at fedict.be
Thu Jun 1 14:54:09 UTC 2017

On 01-06-17 16:40, Matt Caswell wrote:
> CHANGES is what it is - a list of changes we thought were particularly
> worthy of note. If that's not enough information for you then use the
> git logs. I see very little value in automatically extracting info out
> of the logs and including it in the distribution when the logs are so
> easily accessible elsewhere.

It might be useful to make that point at the start of the CHANGES file,
then. Currently, it just says "Changes between X.Y.Zx and X.Y.Zy
[date]". While that doesn't claim to be complete, the simple word
"CHANGES" invokes the idea of a changelog, which should be complete --
and this file is not. If it's not meant to be, fine -- but then it
doesn't hurt to say so, and it would alleviate some confusion.

Thanks,

--
Wouter Verhelst