[openssl-users] openssl verify with 1B certificates

Richard Moore richmoore44 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 20:10:03 UTC 2017

Depends what information you need - if you just need a binary valid/not
valid then prune it first then verify. If you want a more fine grained data
set then don't. Write some code  - forking and running openssl verify each
time will be insanely slow - don't do that. I doubt you really have a
billion unique certificates - avoid testing duplicates. Also don't forget
that you really need certificate chains, so I hope you captured the
intermediate certificates too!

Cheers

Rich.