[openssl-users] AES CMAC with given iv

Stefan Grünwald stefan.g at gmx.at
Tue Oct 3 06:33:46 UTC 2017

Hi,

I need to calculate an AES CMAC with a given iv and also get the new iv
after the calculation.
On the internet I found some examples how to calculate the CMAC but if I
read the code correctly it always starts with a zero iv.
I also found the CMAC_resume function which restores the iv but it also
doesn't take the iv as an input parameter.
Is there any chance to set and get the iv?
The only way I would see at the moment is an ugly hack by setting the
tbl field of the context struct in memory before calling CMAC_resume.

Thanks,
Stefan