[openssl-users] Problem with Last step in setup

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Tue Sep 5 16:16:35 UTC 2017

In message <B275A3C3-D661-4E1A-A846-F453F839A123 at netapp.com> on Tue, 5 Sep 2017 15:37:59 +0000, "Gerardi, Elio" <Elio.Gerardi at netapp.com> said:

Elio.Gerardi> I am getting the following error when I run the ‘make install’ command on OPenSSL
Elio.Gerardi>
Elio.Gerardi> make install
Elio.Gerardi>
Elio.Gerardi> /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make depend &&
Elio.Gerardi> /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make _all
Elio.Gerardi>
Elio.Gerardi> *** Installing development files
Elio.Gerardi>
Elio.Gerardi> Cannot create directory /usr/local/include: No such file or directory
Elio.Gerardi>
Elio.Gerardi> make: *** [install_dev] Error 2

Is there a directory /usr/local on your system?

Does the user your running 'make install' with have permission to
write to the /usr/local directory?

An alternative, if you have sudo privileges, is this:

    sudo make install

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org