[openssl-users] build OpenSSL for iOS with -fembed-bitcode

Sergey Zagoruyko szagoruyko at mutualink.net
Wed Apr 25 16:26:57 UTC 2018

Hello,

I’m trying to build OpenSSL 1.1.0f for iOS with bitcode enabled, using -fembed-bitcode flag. I got an error:

ld: -bundle and -bitcode_bundle (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE=YES) cannot be used together

In the Makefile.shared I found string: SHAREDFLAGS="$(CFLAGS) `echo $(SHARED_LDFLAGS) | sed s/dynamiclib/bundle/`"; \

Is that causing the conflict? How can I fix it and build with bitcode enabled?

Have a good day

Sergey Zagoruyko

iOS Developer
Mutualink, Inc.

Toll Free: (866) 957-5465 Ext: 507
E-Mail: szagoruyko at mutualink.net

Web: www.mutualink.net

Certified by the Department of Homeland Security SAFETY Act for Interoperable Communications

The information in this email, and subsequent attachments, may contain confidential information that is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). This message or any part thereof must not be disclosed, copied, distributed or retained by any person without authorization from the addressee.

Visit Mutualink at the following social media sites:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Mutualink
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/Mutualink
Twitter: www.twitter.com/MutualinkInc