[openssl-users] Problem in Building openssl_1.0.2p in Visual Studio 2015

Swamy J-S swamy.j-s at in.abb.com
Thu Aug 30 12:03:36 UTC 2018

Am building new release of openssl_1.0.2p using Visual Studio 2015 Command Prompts. I have installed perl and sed. I have written some batch files to build x86 and x64 libraries. When I built same openssl version in VS 2013 and VS 2017 am not facing any issue.

But while building in VS 2015 am unable to build. When I build x86 library in "VS2015 x86 Native Tools Command Prompt" then  its building fine and resulting in generating include and lib folder. But when I try to build DLL library then am getting fatal error which says

rc /fo"tmp32dll\libeay32.res" /d CRYPTO ms\version32.rc

'rc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

NMAKE : fatal error V1077: 'rc' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
        1 dir(s) moved.
        1 dir(s) moved."

I have attached screenshot too.