[openssl-users] AssAccess was passed with no amendments

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Fri Dec 14 23:42:44 UTC 2018

> On Dec 14, 2018, at 5:42 PM, bmeeker51 at buckeye-express.com wrote:
>
> I simply wanted a clear statement so I can make an informed decision whether or not I should use OpenSSL in future projects.  I now have my answer.  Thank you.

This is not the right forum for that question.  The bill is too
new for a policy response to have been considered or agreed.

OpenSSL has committers from many countries.  OpenSSH also
has an Australian maintainer, have they published a policy?

I am sure there are Australian contributors to Linux, NetBSD,
FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Android, ...

Avoiding all taint from anything touched by Australia will not
be easy.

--
	Viktor.