[openssl-users] Openssl async support

ASHIQUE CK ckashiquekvk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 12:41:10 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I have some queries regarding OpenSSL async operation.

Current setup
-------------
I have one* OpenSSL dynamic engine (with RSA and AES-GCM support) *and
linked it with *Nginx* server. Multiple *WGET* commands on the client side.

Current issue
-------------
  Since OpenSSL *do_cipher call *(the function in which actual AES-GCM
encryption/decryption happening) comes from one client at a time which is
reducing file downloading performance. So we need an *asynchronous
operation in OpenSSL* ie. we need multiple do_cipher calls at the same time
from which we should submit requests to HW without affecting the incoming
requests and should wait for HW output.

Queries
--------
 1) Is there is any other scheme for multiple do_cipher calls at a time?.
 2) Any method to enable asynchronous call from OpenSSL?

Versions
Openssl - 1.1.0h
Nginx1.11.10
Wget 1.17.1

 Kindly support me. Please inform me if any more inputs needed. Thanks in
advance.