[openssl-users] usage of SSL_read() and SSL_write() for file transfer

Roushan Ara roushan.ara at skanray.com
Fri Feb 2 04:42:10 UTC 2018

Hi All,
currently i am using openssl for client and server communication for file
transfer. i am facing some issue regarding the writing the content of
file.my requirement is i have to send the whole content of some specified
file to server for that i am using SSL_write(). i can achieve this using
SSL_write() in a while loop but my requirement is i have to use single
SSL_write() for sending whole content of file and single SSL_read  at the
server to receive the whole content of the file.because in that message
itself we  have to specify some id so that it can be identified at the
server to indicate that it is file reading. so i need to send single
message with full content of file in a buffer. because of the maximum
limitation of SSL_write() we are not able to send more than 16384 bytes.
Could somebody suggest s how can i use SSL_write() for the writing the
whole content of text file in a single message without using any while loop.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Roushan Ara

*Please consider the Environment before printing this e-mail.*

The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is
confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or
attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments
from your system.  Any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing
or copying of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change.

*SKANRAY* <http://www.skanray.com>*(including its group of companies) shall
not be liable for any omission or error in the message, improper or
incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication
or for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. * *SKANRAY*
<http://www.skanray.com>*(or its group of companies) does not guarantee
that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that this
communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.*