[openssl-users] FIPS 140-2 key wrapping transition

Zeke Evans Zeke.Evans at microfocus.com
Fri Feb 2 22:07:07 UTC 2018

Hi,

NIST recently gave notice of Symmetric Key Wrapping Transition, details are found here https://csrc.nist.gov/projects/cryptographic-module-validation-program/notices.  It is not clear to me whether the FIPS 2.0 module is affected by this.  I am mostly curious about this part:

All validations on the Active Validation List that implement the previously allowed AES or TDEA key wrapping:

  *   Entries will be moved to the Historical List.

Can someone verify whether the FIPS 2.0 validation is affected by this?

Thanks,
Zeke Evans
Senior Software Engineer
Micro Focus