[openssl-users] 1.1.1 pre1 tests failing on Solaris SPARC

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Sat Feb 24 20:21:32 UTC 2018

On 24/02/18 02:18 PM, Erik Forsberg wrote:

> [...]

I like having nice debug builds first that I can single step through if
needed.  The joy of fast processors and buckets of cheap memory is that
I can have an entire dev type amp stack that runs just fine with debug
libs everywhere and then a prod stack which is slightly more optimal.

In any case, this seems to me like we are fetching a unit64_t type of
number for milliseconds and should just check if it is within 600000
of some value for "now".  No need for the divide by 1000 in there.

Looking in ./include/openssl/ct.h  we see :

/*
  * Gets the time, in milliseconds since the Unix epoch, that will be
used as the
  * current time when checking whether an SCT was issued in the future.
  * Such SCTs will fail validation, as required by RFC6962.
  */
uint64_t CT_POLICY_EVAL_CTX_get_time(const CT_POLICY_EVAL_CTX *ctx);

OKay so it is an uint64_t for milliseconds.  Perfect.  So maybe just use
that in line 503 :

uint64_t default_time = CT_POLICY_EVAL_CTX_get_time(ct_policy_ctx);

What in the name of Smokey Robinson is TEST_uint_le?  Looks to be a
  "define" in ./test/testutil.h :

# define TEST_uint_le(a, b)   test_uint_le(__FILE__, __LINE__, #a, #b, a, b)

uh huh ...  and in turn where is test_uint_le coming from ?

I don't know.  No where in the tarball that is for sure.

I do see it out in the world at :

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/blob/master/test/test_test.c

Seems like a test for "less than or equal to" for two uintXX_t things.

Regardless there isn't a need for a double difftime nor a floating point
  fabs here.  Am I missing something obvious ?

dc