[openssl-users] SSL_dane_tlsa_add function signature

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Tue Jan 9 18:24:46 UTC 2018

> On Jan 9, 2018, at 12:56 PM, Patrick Schlangen <patrick at schlangen.me> wrote:
>
> Reading the docs, my impression ist hat SSL_dane_tlsa_add adds a TLSA record
> to the SSL object for later use during verification.
> What puzzles me is that the data argument of type unsigned char is not
> const.

It should have been "const".  Sorry about that.  If you're enthusiastic to
contribute, please feel free to file a githu pull-request against
ssl/ssl_lib.c and include/openssl/ssl.h (which for a first pull-request
will also require you to file contributor license agreement).  If that's
all too much work, I can fix the issue on your behalf.

> Will the function modify the data buffer in any way?

No.

> Also, is it safe to free the data after calling SSL_dane_tlsa_add

Yes.

> or phrased differently: Will SSL_dane_tlsa_add create a copy of the data?

Yes.

--
	Viktor.