[openssl-users] Question on RSA/FIPS186-4.

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Sun Jul 29 16:26:14 UTC 2018

>    1.	Do we plan to support this in releases that are close (Say Sep, 2018) ?

No.

>    2.	There are also talks about RSA FIPS 186-4 being available with redhat, suse
    Distributions. Since the FIPS build process, recommends the integrity checks
    To be done at source code, object and load times, I am not sure, if this
    Is recommended ?

I do not know if you can mix and match FIPS implementations. I know that you cannot change anything in the OpenSSL code (for example, to call "out and over" to someone else's implementation).

>    Can your team recommend us ways of getting around RSA FIPS 186-4 certification ?

It seems that the most straightforward way is to use one of those implementations that has the algorithms you need.

OpenSSL is working on a new validation, no details (such as specific algorithms) are available yet.