[openssl-users] Initialising OpenSSL more than once - how do we handle this?

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Mon Jul 30 14:18:19 UTC 2018

I agree, at least in most cases.

I don't know why people worry about singleton memory "leaks". If the leak isn't growing over the lifetime of the process, it's not causing any trouble. I've seen some teams obsessing about getting clean reports from dynamic-analysis tools like Valgrind. In most environments that's pointless "optimization" and a waste of development resources.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus