[openssl-users] SSLv3 error in Ubuntu/Apache2

Steven Kneizys skneizys at ferrilli.com
Sat May 12 17:32:42 UTC 2018

Running a server or even a client that uses SSLv3 is an insecure protocol
(man in the middle POODLE attack is possible).  You really don't want to
have that on your server!  Perhaps if you explain why you believe you need
it folks can help with a secure strategy to assist.  See this for reference:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/537481/disable-sslv3-in-apache2-on-a-clean-install-of-ubuntu-14-04-1-server

HTH,

Steve...

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 1:01 PM, Deepak Goel <deicool at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am trying to use Apache2 on Ubuntu. When I try running Apache2, it
> throws up an error:
>
> SSLv3 not supported by this version of OpenSSL. I tried installing latest
> version of OpenSSL by using (sudo apt-get install openssl) on Ubuntu.
> However the same error persist.
>
> Any idea how do I resolve the error?
>

> Deepak
> "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are
> treated. Please stop cruelty to Animals, become a Vegan"
>
> +91 73500 12833
> deicool at gmail.com
>
> Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
> LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool
>
> "Plant a Tree, Go Green"
>
> Make In India : http://www.makeinindia.com/home
>
> --

Steve Kneizys
Senior Business Process Engineer

*Relationships are at the heart of what we do*

*24/7 Emergency Service: 888.864.3282 <888.864.3282>*
*Direct: 610.256.1396    Web: www.Ferrilli.com <http://www.ferrilli.com/>*