[openssl-users] updating openssl

Kyle Hamilton aerowolf at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 23:23:12 UTC 2018

Generally, you don't want to replace any system-provided version of OpenSSL
with a different version that has a different ABI. The way you've done so
(without deleting the libraries from the older version) is safe, but don't
remove the system package of openssl-1.0.2. Other packages may link to that
version and stop working if you remove it.

-Kyle H