[openssl-users] How to build libcrypto64*.lib and libssl64*.lib on Windows 64-bit?

aaron.friesen at non.keysight.com aaron.friesen at non.keysight.com
Mon Oct 1 16:29:15 UTC 2018

A current project using Net-SNMP and OpenSSL require that these both are built locally (customer requirement).

I am attempting to build OpenSSL 1.1.1.

After building OpenSSL, "nmake test" succeeds.

However, the Net-SNMP build is looking for various .lib files that are in the pre-built package, but do not seem to be in what I build locally.

>From the pre-built package, in the lib/VC folder:
libcrypto64MD.lib
libcrypto64MDd.lib
libcrypto64MT.lib
libcrypto64MTd.lib
libssl64MD.lib
libssl64MDd.lib
libssl64MT.lib
libssl64MTd.lib

But the VC folder is not part of my locally built version.

What am I missing in order to get these .lib files to build locally?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best Regards,
Aaron Friesen

Contract Software Engineer of Aerotek on behalf of Keysight

Keysight Technologies, Inc.
970.679.5632 T