[openssl-users] How to build libcrypto64*.lib and libssl64*.lib on Windows 64-bit?

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Tue Oct 2 15:59:12 UTC 2018

Our scripts have *never*, as far as I know, produced libraries named
like that.  Don't those DLLs come from some specific packager that
produces binary install kits?

For 1.1.x, *our* naming is a bit more elaborate, you will see these
names:

    libcrypto-1_1.dll & libssl-1_1.dll           - VC-WIN32 build
    libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll & libssl-1_1-x64.dll   - VC-WIN64A build
    libcrypto-1_1-ia64.dll & libssl-1_1-ia64.dll - VC-WIN64I build

You will also see the corresponding import libraries: libcrypto.lib &
libssl.lib

Cheers,
Richard