[openssl-users] Openssl Build Error- module unsafe for SAFESEH image/Unable to generate SAFESEH image

sakdev best.sakthi3 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 10:08:42 UTC 2018

Hi,

We are using openssl-1.0.2j. For security compliance we scanned libeay32.dll
with binscope binary analyzer. Binscope result is showing *“SafeSEHCheck
(FAIL)”*.

To resolve this we added /SAFESEH flag in linker flags, and started build.
But build got failed with "Unable to generate SAFESEH image" error.

We are building openssl in VS2015 developer command prompt. How we can
resolve this error? Is OPenssl-1.0.2j is compatible with SAFESEH image?

ERROR
<http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/file/t11154/OpensslBuildError.png>

Thanks.

--