[openssl-users] What to do with deprecation errors

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Mon Oct 22 19:36:20 UTC 2018

If the compiler found opensslconf.h in
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/openssl/, that usually means you have an
distribution openssl package installed, one that other programs are
relying on.

Depending on the version of that package, you may have screwed things
up or not.  If you're lucky, things will go smoothly, but be warning
that your "installation" probably will get overwritten next time you
do an update that affects the openssl package.

For custom installations, I'd suggest using the /usr/local tree.  This
is what the default OpenSSL configuration + make install does.

Cheers,
Richard